Thursday, March 23, 2017

House Report 15 - Fun with floors

Tuesday, 21 March

Last night we drove big 5 gallon buckets of water over to the other house and mixed up concrete and levelled the floor in the master bedroom anyway. Take that, stucco guy! Take that, plumber who did not return my call about the water main! We won't let the lack of water at that house stop us from getting things done.

The floor had been prepped a while ago, with sheets of plywood of varying thicknesses.

Leaning how to use a plumb line... 

The lowest point is in the far corner, hence the plywood gets thicker there

New floor
We ended up doing it twice, I think this picture is after day 1 so after day 2 we have it just about level finally. That is a big job that we can check off our list. It was one of the most obvious problems when we first walked the house so I'm glad it's done!

1 comment:

Jean Taylor said...

Just read all 16 house updates. This is amazing. I love how hard you are all working and how wonderful Jeff is at all this practical house stuff. Looks like you're going to have so much more room. Don't remember reading what the outcome for the old pool was though, what's happening with it? I need to know this.