We got so much done this weekend!
On Saturday Jeff took out three toilets; demo'd the master bath shower; jack-hammered out the two front steps (in the blazing sun. I was his concrete carrier. It was not fun); re-framed the front door to a standard size, hung the new front door, AND fixed the brick wall! That is such a weight off my mind!
I'm not sure if I have a picture of the old front door. It was over-sized and ugly. The over-sized I didn't really mind, but the ugly I did! The door had a raised wood design on the front that originally was supposed to carry up the outside wall to the roof line... but at some point the house lost the panel on the outside. So the door didn't match anything, and the design just cut off at the top of the door and without the rest of the run to tie it in it looked pretty stupid. So we knew we would change the door at some point but if we were going to keep it the same size we were looking at a custom door (and price!). So just to keep things easy we re-framed to a standard size.
I love the new front door - and at some point in the future it's going to be red. I've always wanted a red front door. When we get around to repainting the house this door is going to look awesome!
In the afternoon I got the kids going on painting the front room. They loved it for about twenty minutes and were all clamoring to take turns painting.
Then they all got bored and went off to watch the wall being fixed, leaving Adam to paint the remaining two walls that are getting the darker grey colour. He wants to paint his own room now. Yay. One less job for me.
![]() |
| They stole phones off everyone and hung out in the truck for ages! |
At the end of the day we got around to fixing the wall. The plan was to get big lag bolts and snug it up to the stucco with the lag bolts. We had a bit of a false start when we realised that we needed bigger lag bolts, so after my third trip of the day to Home Depot it was time to try again. I've never been so happy to see a bolt catch! Jeff sprayed industrial strength adhesive back behind the bricks so that wall is well and truly stuck to the house now.
![]() |
| Back where it should be! |





No comments:
Post a Comment