Thursday, July 16, 2015

Moors Valley - 23 June

This morning Ellie had her follow up appointment at the hospital, which meant that the littles and Adam were cooped up at home while Dad and I took Ellie in. So this afternoon we went out to Moors Valley so that they could get out and blow off some steam.

It was great! Because everyone is still in school, we essentially had the place to ourselves. I've never been there when it was so empty. So everyone got as many turns as they wanted on all the playground equipment.

 

The very first thing that Ellie did was climb to the top of this seven foot rock...


and was unable to get down. It was only with the help of some random stranger that I managed to get her off the top at all! It wasn't her best idea. Next thing I knew, she was on the zipline!


I have to say, she didn't let her broken arm get in the way of having fun at all. And she had a little more fun than I was comfortable with this afternoon!

We walked around the lake and Nana had bought bread to feed the ducks. The thing is... it's not just ducks! The lake had seagulls too, with amazing aerial abilities. We realized pretty quickly that if we threw the bread up, they would catch it in mid-air, which prompted lots of enthusiastic bread tossing from the kids. We had loads of fun feeding the birds!




The play trail was a huge hit. The kids wanted to stop and play at every single structure along the play trail. We discovered that Nicholas is not good on nets...

 and that Kate is.


He was very hesitant and nervous, and Kate was swarming all over everything with not a care in the world!

At the end of the play trail is the Tree Top Trail. Nicholas just saw this picture and said 'That was really fun. Wish we could go on that bridge in the trees again.' We will have to go back! The kids loved Moors Valley - hours and hours of playing instead of sightseeing. I think this was one of their favourite days!



1 comment:

Kristie K. said...

What an awesome park! I want a zip line at our park. Glad she didn't give you a heart attack!