Apart from that, we had a lovely day. The kids were very excited to be on a boat... their first boat ever, they said.
| Waiting for the ferry on Poole Quay |
Once we got off the ferry, we paid homage at the Scout Stone - future scouts included - and walked all over the island.
We saw a deer, peacocks, peahens with babies, chickens (totally random, wild chickens running around, but I think they are descendants of farm animals abandoned when the island was evacuated in the 1930s), and actually a red squirrel! Brownsea is one of the only places where native red squirrels survive, and although I've been there before I'd never seen one. So that was pretty amazing!
We finished the day with fish and chips for dinner. They said they'd been in England long enough and didn't want to wait anymore. It didn't disappoint. I think I gained 5 pounds....
2 comments:
You've got mountain lions, bears and eagles and you think red squirrels are amazing...!?
Love these pictures! The scout one was my favorite! I remember you telling me about that awful scout trip! Glad it was better this time!
Post a Comment