Friday, July 17, 2015

Mudeford - 27 June

This morning we went out to Mudeford Quay and went canoeing. I was not going to let Ellie go, as we can't get her cast wet, and I have been in full on worry mode since we arrived. So I have been telling her for days that there was no way she was going canoeing.

Let us just take a minute to review what has happened so far on this trip. My first week consisted of: a broken arm, a day spent in the ER, a speeding ticket leaving the wedding, a surgery and 12 hours in hospital, a split lip that probably required stitches but didn't get them (and now has a permanent scar), a bank card that doesn't work despite the bank telling me that it would so I can't buy anything, and a credit card that got cloned and had to be cancelled and replaced. So I am blaming the fact that I may or may not have been a little uptight so far on all of the above.

Fortunately, Jeff arrived yesterday and I can already feel myself calming down!

So this morning Uncle Phill packed up his canoes and we took a picnic over to Mudeford Quay. We ate and lounged about while the kids played - in canoes and on shore.

 
 

After lunch Ellie was sporting some serious attitude about not going canoeing. So we bagged and duct taped her arm and sent her out. Rachel had told me that the water was only knee deep, which I didn't believe until Katy and I went out canoeing and grounded ourselves on a sandbar and she just got out and towed us off. The water was not even knee deep! So we told Ellie that if she fell in she should just stick her arm up above her head and she should be fine!  She got a little wet but her arm stayed dry, and she cheered right up.


 We had a really fun day!




No comments: