Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Flower power!

The other day Kristie was hosting a morning to get together and make headbands... which was great for me, because we need as many things as possible to help keep Ellie's mop of hair under control. When it came time, though, I could not find my car keys. This would not have been an issue, and I would have just grabbed the spare set and gone, except that a week ago I lent Jeff my car keys and he never gave them back. So it was the spares that I couldn't find, and so I was stuck at home.

I decided that I would make some headbands and hairgrips anyway. I have to say that all these did not get done in one morning (more like three).



I think I may have got a bit carried away. Even at the rate that Ellie loses hair accessories these are going to last a while.

Most of these are Ellie's, but two belong to Kate. Who is so new to the girly headband thing that she doesn't yet know how to wear them.



Update: Not five minutes after I posted the previous entry, Ellie emerged from the bathroom wearing every single one and said 'I didn't know which one to pick! So don't think I'm a crazy!'


5 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

wow they are ALL beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to learn how to make those. love that she put on all of them at the same time!

Jennifer B. said...

Wow! Those are lovely. Way to go, crafty mama!

Melissa said...

Wow! Great work Alex! Jenna would have worn them all as well. :)

Lois Lane said...

Very cute!

Keri and Neal said...

Way to get your craft on!