Tuesday, August 16, 2011

All change!

We have had family in town for a couple of weeks, and as always, it has prompted a rearrangement of the beds. The last time we had family in town we had to buy bunk beds to fit everyone in, and Adam and Ellie inherited them when everyone left. This time, we got the toddler bed out for Gavin and when he left, Kate got promoted.

Which means that Nicholas is now in the crib. I have to say, I will really miss being greeted by this in the mornings when I first open my eyes:



Here he is in his new digs:



At first, he was super happy and literally screaming with excitement. Adam playing peekaboo with him from the top bunk had a lot to do with that. And then, when he realised that he was staying in there, it progressed very quickly from screaming with excitement to just plain old screaming.



It took us several tries and about three hours to get him settled in his new bed. I hope today will be easier!

I was expecting shenanigans from Kate. The thought of Kate, unconfined, at bedtime is actually quite a scary one. But she went down like an angel, and stayed put all night. Didn't get out of bed, not even once.



Though this morning, it became clear that there might have been a reason for her surprising lack of energy last night.



She has the pukes.

No comments: