I am so over Halloween. I have officially run out of steam. Months ago I had a genius idea for Halloween costumes. We were going to be a car wash. Nicholas could be a car. The girls could have blue flapper dresses with big fringes, for the revolving car wash. And Adam could just wear his usual hoodie and headphones and be the surly teenager who dries off your car when you're done. All I would have had to do was stick some blue tape on him...
Except I can't sew anything to save my life. I have neither the time or the inclination! I can't fathom sewing costumes for all of them anymore. I just can't do it.
So instead we were a) yet another iteration of Dr Who;
b) a black cat (Ellie did her whole costume herself, I love that girl);
c) an orange spider witch (YAY!!! for recycled costumes);
and d) a ninja.
And Jeff got in on the action and went to work dressed as Dwight Schrute, complete with calculator watch and everything.
This year I took the bold step of just chucking out all the bubble gum and lollipops that are left over for months after all the chocolate is eaten. Why have I never done this before? So liberating!
No comments:
Post a Comment