Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Family pictures

Wednesday, 17 October

Today we did our family pictures. And of course, right when we're about to do family pictures none of us were looking particularly perfect. Adam is dealing with teenage skin. Ellie chose the day before pictures to pluck her eyebrows into extinction. Nicholas has cracked lips because of the Santa Anas blowing at the beginning of this week - the skin around his mouth is always super sensitive and all it takes is a couple of windy days for us to be on a chapstick regime for the next week. Except I can't find any chapstick and haven't started the regime yet.

And in the event, when we got down to Quail Hill, we discovered that Nicholas had totally forgotten how to smile naturally and in just about every picture he had a forced, squinty eyed grin. So I spent a couple of weeks wondering if any of the pictures we got back would be usable - because if he wasn't grinning like a maniac he was grumping that we were telling him to smile differently!

But although there were plenty of Nicholas being Nicholas




We all grumped like Nicholas. Kate can't do it. 
there are lots that are just lovely! There are so many to choose from I haven't even decided which are my favourites yet. Though I think this might be one of them.






No comments: