Friday, November 9, 2018

First Day of School

Wednesday, 29 August

Today was the first day of school for the littles and Adam. I can't believe he's old enough to be in high school. When I was that age I was cool, responsible, mature... and I'm sure he thinks all that about himself too. We may both be wrong on that point - though I have to say, he did deal with a rocky start to the year quite well. His schedule was all messed up until a couple of days after school started and he handled it really well and didn't get stressed.


Ellie very obligingly got up to be in the picture even though she's not starting for another week. Why the school districts can't line this up so that I don't have to deal with this is beyond me!


Nicholas' approach to pictures is planned non-cooperation most of the time (see my previous post. Nicholas is not in some pictures. Nicholas is deliberately looking away from the camera in others. Nicholas is pulling his Nicholas face in most of them). Here's a prime example of what happens when you try to take a picture of Nicholas when he doesn't want you to:


But then a couple of seconds later you get this:


Here is Ellie on her own first day, a whole week later!


Here's to a year of good grades and not having to buy too many file folders, glue sticks and highlighters because they keep wrecking/losing them!


No comments: