On Friday the kids had a free day so we decided to do something fun. We were staying with friends who live literally minutes away from Timpanogos Cave so when we woke up that morning Jeff and I took a quick run down the canyon to see if there were any tickets left for that day. Fortunately there were, so we dashed back home and roused all the kids who were super tired from getting in at midnight the day before, and were back out ready to hike the mountain in fifteen minutes! It was a bit rushed! I think a couple of people missed out on breakfast.
That is a brutal hike! Pretty much straight up the mountain side. It was tough! The kids did fine but I'm not ashamed to say that I struggled. I'm fitter than I used to be so I'm going with my struggles being the effects of altitude (even though nobody else seemed to be affected by it!).
The pictures really don't do it justice (we were in a cave, after all) but it really was something to see. We all know about stalactites and stalagmites but helictites? I loved them! It was like coral all over the ceiling.
And the hike back down was at least quicker and less strenuous than the hike up!
Friday, August 25, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment