Friday, August 18, 2017

First week in a new house...

27 May 2017

Oh my.

Because it has been 11 years since I did this last, I had forgotten how chaotic moving is. This last week has been quite trying!

Here's our front room on moving day:


On the first night, the kids slept on bare mattresses on their bedroom floors. It was hot enough (this house is stifling!!) that the lack of blankets didn't matter. By the second night, I had found pillows and they had beds, but no blankets still. By the third night we had finally found duvets for everyone.

We lost the flour and sugar and I couldn't find them for days. They didn't emerge from the garage until about day 8. It's ok, we're not cooking anyway, because we haven't bought appliances for the kitchen yet! We are existing purely on things that can be microwaved.

The garage is half full of the previous owner's furniture and totally full with the contents of our previous attic. So who knows when cars will actually get into the garage.

There are boxes in every room still. During the renovations we stripped out all the closets to redo drywall and paint, so there are no rails in the house to hang any clothes on, so that is making life interesting. 

But even though the whole house is in chaos, we are very much enjoying that we have more room to be chaotic in!


No comments: