Saturday, August 19, 2017

Haircut!

14 June 2017

Ellie's hair has been getting super long. One of my best friends used to cut our hair, and since she moved out of state (two years ago!!) we have been suffering for a lack of regular hair cuts. Ellie's hair has just been getting longer and longer.

A few weeks ago Ellie asked about donating her hair. We found out that the minimum donation is 10 inches... and she was almost there. So we were just waiting for it to get long enough. And then this week something happened, I forget what, and she got annoyed by her hair (which was almost down to her waist when it was wet) and decided that it was time.


So I took her in and she cut off almost 11 inches to donate. She looks totally cute! She hasn't had hair this short since she was about six. She grinned at me right after her hair was cut and I was surprised to see that there were teeth in her mouth... because the last time her hair looked like this she had none!


I am really proud of her. Ellie has a big heart and loves to do things for other people... usually people that she knows but this time her empathy pushed her out of her comfort zone. We were both a little surprised by how short it was when it was all cut - but I love it.


She spent a couple of days bemoaning the fact that her head now looks like a triangle, but I think she is growing to love it too. She certainly loves that it is easier to take care of!

No comments: