Thursday, 13 April
The kitchen is finally going in today and tomorrow. The sales rep at the kitchen store that we've been dealing with is nice
and all, but whenever there's an issue she calls me because she knows
I'm a pushover. The kitchen install has been rescheduled twice because
I'm a pushover. And there's already problems - despite the fact that we paid to have measurements taken and checked, they called today and said the soffit is half an inch too long and it won't work. As soon as they said 'soffit' my brain turns to mush, it is an almost Pavlovian response. So despite a lengthy phone call while I was buying Easter candy in Target, I have no idea why the soffit that was so carefully measured and measured and measured and discussed ad nauseam back in February is all of a sudden not the right size.
Update:
The kitchen installation is an ongoing comedy of errors! The lights are too close to the cabinets on one side (they'll get moved). The crown that they said was long enough isn't long enough (we'll add a fascia piece). The soffit is too long (it'll get reduced). And then to cap it all, the counter installation guys who were due on Friday showed up on Thursday with no notice. We are not flexible on Thursdays because of choir. I had to beg permission to leave Kate sitting in the next rehearsal, leave Adam and Ellie early, pull Nicholas out early and hare over to the nearest Home Depot, buy a tap, take it over to the house and dash back to choir, all in under an hour. And my phone was on 3% and about to die and the kitchen showroom kept calling and it was all a bit of a nightmare!
But at least now we have 80% of a kitchen! There's an upper cabinet missing on both sides that's due in a couple of weeks (still on a slow boat from China). And at some point I may get around to picking out appliances to go in it!
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment