Thursday, February 23, 2017

House Report 5

14 Jan 2017

Contracts were signed yesterday so it's official! We're going to do this!

When the idea of this house first came up, Adam hated it. He doesn't like change much. He likes things to be orderly. The whole idea of moving away from the neighbourhood where he has grown up came as a total shock, I think. For the first couple of weeks when we were over at the house he was always sad, grumpy, and muttering discontentedly about how much he hated it. I'm not sure what happened today, but he worked like a trojan. I haven't really expected much effort from him because he's so vocal about how much he hates the idea of moving to this house, but today he worked and worked and worked. For hours. He and Jeff between them took all the carpets out, from every room in the house. It was a huge amount of heavy lifting and he just kept going.
 
 

The last time we did a major project the kids were all little enough that they were just in the way. This time, at least one of the kids is going to be useful! It will make a big difference, I think!

No comments: