Friday, February 19, 2016

Sunday afternoon

We haven't had much of a winter this year. The police department has put signs up all over town saying 'Prepare for El Nino' but nothing has happened, which is such a let down. I was ready for a real winter, and rain, and it just hasn't materialised.

Despite the lack of winter, somehow spring was in the air on Sunday. It was a beautiful day, and when we came home from church we decided that we couldn't waste the opportunity and we dragged the kids out on a hike. I'm never sure when a walk turns into a hike... and this - although it's listed as one of OC's best hikes - was definitely just a walk!


It was a gorgeous afternoon and it was good to get out. We stood on the top of the hill (after we'd raced up it) and there was a viewpoint map showing other places... one or two of which I knew had good hikes. So we think we'll try this again! We might even progress from walking to hiking at some point!



No comments: