Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Teeth and expectations...

Kate is losing teeth! Her first tooth fell out a couple of weeks ago. She put it under her pillow and was initially pleased with the $2 that the tooth fairy left behind. Then she thought about it for a minute and announced that she thought it should have been $10, because a girl in her class at school got $10 from the tooth fairy.

This is the same kid, who, on a day when I had packed a beautiful lunch for them all (and it was a great lunch, I would have eaten it!), came home with it half-eaten and wasted, and announced that all her friends eat seaweed and she thinks she would like seaweed and could she please have that instead.

So I cannot quite keep pace with Kate and her expectations of what life should provide for her. There's certainly going to be no seaweed in her lunch box. Nor is there going to be $10 under her pillow. The tooth fairy does not have that kind of money in her budget, especially as the teeth keep coming out!


No comments: