Friday, October 16, 2015

Nicholas turns five!

Nicholas knows that his birthday comes next after Ellie's. The day after Ellie's birthday he bounced down the stairs with a huge grin on his face saying 'Is it my birthday today?' and was crushed to find that it was not. Since then, we've been counting down, and every time he asked and I said 'Fifty days' or 'forty days' it provoked howls of anguish that the number was so high.

So we've been looking forward to this birthday for a long time! And in the event, I was so prepared with birthday presents bought weeks in advance, that I forgot all about it until the day before! When we finally told him that his birthday was in one day he was pretty astonished.

'I am not going over there...'

This year was all about nerf guns and spy gear. Nicholas has been wanting things for his birthday for about a year now. Every time we go shopping he'll find something that he asks if he can have for his birthday. So the pressure was on to deliver on at least a couple of those things!


The excitement of spy goggles provokes a general collapse...
 Nicholas is such a ham. And I wouldn't have him any other way! 


No comments: