So far, August has been low key, which has been kind of nice. We've done nothing, except swim. We had a week of swim lessons followed by a week off, in which we went to the pool just about every day. In fact, during our week of swim lessons, we sometimes went to the pool twice a day - Ellie was quite motivated to practice diving in to the deep end! Adam and Ellie are rejoicing in the fact that this summer I have finally let them swim in the deep end... it's a whole new world past that line on the pool!
We have another week of swim lessons this week. The back patio is constantly covered with swimming costumes and towels in various stages of dampness drying out on every available surface.
Kate is loving swim lessons. She just glows when she is the focus of someone's attention. So she is eager to do everything her swim teacher asks of her, and she had no problems getting her face in and blowing bubbles under water and all the other stuff that sets them up for proper swimming. She did actually achieve proper swimming by about three days in - only about three feet of proper swimming, but I'll take it! And now she scorns her floaties as unnecessary and is most put out that I still make her wear them in our pool!
So essentially in August the kids have got wet just about every day, and have turned kind of golden. Given that I never tan I have taken great delight in finding tan lines on all of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment