Saturday was the Pinewood Derby, which is a big deal in this house! Pinewood derby cars seem to take ages. Maybe it's just that Adam views them as an excuse to stay up late working on them. He begs every night to do some more, because he knows that he will get to go out with Jeff in the garage and stay up way, waaayyyy past bedtime because they're 'working' on something, and so he's safe from the Avenging Angel of Bedtime (one of my least favourite roles as a mother!). Certainly pinewood derby cars only ever get worked on after bedtime, in my experience, and I have never yet managed to winkle him out of the garage at a decent time.
 |
| Watching the races |
Every time his name was called to put his car on the track he was just
beaming and totally excited to be involved. I had more fun watching him
than I did watching the races!
Anyway, this was his best and fastest Pinewood derby car yet. He did a Minecraft creeper car, and he came second in two heats and won two heats.
But truthfully, although the races are fun, I suspect that the real memories are being made in the garage. I hope so anyway!
1 comment:
Love it!
Post a Comment