Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pancake Day!

For the first few years that we lived here I missed Pancake Day. We were usually well into Lent before I realised that I'd missed it once again. It took me at least six years to figure out that in fact Shrove Tuesday is the same day as Mardi Gras, and since then we've been able to figure out when it is!

I love pancake day! I didn't take many pictures this year, but I was so proud of myself! My pancake flipping skills are intact, and on top of that for the first time we had savoury pancakes, with a spinach/chicken/creamy pesto filling. They were delicious! Everyone had to have one savoury pancake before we moved into the usual lemon/sugar and banana/nutella gorge fest. So at least I fed them something healthy!

Ellie loves lemon and sugar pancakes. She's the only one who requests those, it makes me feel quite proud that at least one of my children is picking up some proper English tastes!

Everyone else just loves the fact that we're slathering Nutella and whipped cream over pancakes. And rightly so.