Monday, November 19, 2012

Birthday Boy

Adam's big weekend continued on Sunday when he turned 9. Nine. I can scarcely believe it. I looked at him a few times throughout the day and thought about the gorgeous little baby that he had been and the boy he is now. He is smart, and funny, and quick witted, and responsible (too much of a policeman sometimes). He is an amazing big brother to Kate and Nicholas - patient, sweet, and loves to play silly games with the little ones. He and Ellie are cohorts and each other's best sidekick. He has a great big uncontrollable belly laugh that we hear most often when Ellie is in her silly silly mood and making him laugh. She can get him going like nobody else.

The two things that show that Adam is present in this house are legos and socks. There are lego pieces everywhere. He is constantly designing lego spaceships, which he leaves all over the couch and the piano. And he leaves his socks everywhere - all over the house, in the car, everywhere. He can never find his socks while I am constantly picking up socks!



This is a typical Adam face - absolutely loving the attention and equally determined not to show it.


He has had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

He is a cutie. I remember when you sat with him on the back row of RS in our ward. It goes fast...too fast. I'm sure he will still love those Nerf guns when he's Kelly's age. They say what is loved in childhood stays with you forever. Kelly choices of activity very much resonates with that phrase. Happy Birthday to your boy. xoxo

Jennifer B. said...

Glad he had a great day. Can't believe he is 9!