Sunday, September 18, 2011

Football Mum, Soccer Mom

Whichever way you describe it, this now describes me!

On Saturday, Adam and Ellie had their first football games of the season. We spent a gruelling four and a half hours down at the park for team pictures (times two) and matches (times two.)

I was actually really impressed with Adam's game. I haven't seen much of his team practices, as I spend most of his practice time in the car with either a sleeping or a screaming baby, while simultaneously trying to keep Kate quiet and explain to Ellie fifty nine times that because Nicholas is a) asleep or b) screaming that means we cannot go out and play on the very tempting playground that she can see from the car window. Truthfully, I spend most of Adam's practice time wondering why on earth I thought that putting them in football was a good idea. So I didn't know that his team can actually play! They won their game 4-0.



Adam loved it, both the game and the fact that they won!



I have seen enough of Ellie's practices to know that she is not a natural athlete. She spent most of her game running around the field about ten feet away from the ball at all times. To be fair, so did everyone else.



She did take a centre kick at one point, so her foot did connect with the ball at least once. I have a picture as proof.



The other time she connected with the ball was when somebody kicked it into her. So she has some way to go! Watching her game was hilarious. At one point she stood in the goal mouth and watched two players from the opposing team kick the ball in right past her and score. She just stood there. She looked quite interested in what was going on, just not interested enough to get involved and stop it!



Look! They have matching numbers! How cute is that!

They both had a blast, so it looks like Kate and Nicholas will have to get used to life on the sidelines for a while!





Let's hope they stay this happy about it through the rest of the season!

No comments: