She has loved school, and she has done so well. She is (almost) reading fluently, she still has to stop and blend words every now and then but she is so, so close. So I love that!
One of the main reasons that she has loved school so much is because they have unlimited scissors, markers, and paper and at home I am a bit of a tyrant about the amount of scissors, markers and paper she is allowed to use in a day. Mostly I just object to the amount of scissors, markers, and paper that ends up on the kitchen floor every day. In fact, after school finished and after going out for our traditional celebratory ice-cream, we drove to Target and bought a whole new ream of paper for her to have something to work with this summer!
Adam had a great year too - so good in fact that we are switching schools in September for him to go to the GATE program. Which will mean saying goodbye to the school bus, which has been lovely, and a return to the school run. But the new school doesn't start until 8:30 so I don't even care! No more hanging out at the bus stop at 7:15 for me! And until then, we have a whole summer for sleeping in. Bliss!
2 comments:
Yay! The kids are getting so big and congrats on the great report cards and moving to higher grades!
School is so great for our little independent spirits. They get to go learn how to get along in the real world, and we get a little break. Woot! I'm glad your kids are having success in school. Hopefully Adam's new school won't be closing if it's one in FV.
Post a Comment