He never does, and I never do, though I may wish I had before this project is over.
Goodbye, crappy old wonky stairs with banisters wide enough for small children to get through. Oh wait, banisters so wide that fairly large children can also fit through them...
Goodbye, stupid ugly safety netting that didn't even work because Kate managed to fall through it anyway...
Hello, underage work force!
See how there is only one step on the second flight? At this point, Kate was still upstairs napping. Nicholas had woken up earlier and I mountaineered my way up and down the stairs to get him, but Kate slept through until there was a full flight of stairs rebuilt so that getting her out of bed was not the adventure that getting Nicholas out of bed had been!
It has been a while since we have done any major house projects, and I had forgotten how annoying it is to live in a building site with everything out of place. Kate is too young to have lived through any major projects, and all day Saturday she kept talking about 'Daddy's messy messy.' And messy it was! Piles of sawdust and nails everywhere. However, when those wretched horrid banisters are out of my house I will be thrilled, and I am happy to live in a building site for as long as it takes! The plan was to get rid of them before any more children could hurt themselves because they are so unsafe, and it will be just in time, because look at this:
He's on the move.
2 comments:
wow, that is awesome! jeff is so talented! and you are an amazing mom. wish i could have seen you "mountaineering" up and down the stairs! :) xoxo
How awesome is it that your husband can take care of all these things? I can't be live your baby is crawling!
Post a Comment