I know this is not everyone's favourite subject. After this week it is certainly not mine. Ellie and I are currently engaged in a tumultous battle of wills, over potty training. At the beginning of this week, she had never, ever managed to go in the potty. Ever. I am determined to change that. We have to. She's in size 6 nappies/diapers, and she's a tank. If something doesn't change soon, they won't fit and we'll have to buy her Depends.
Our fourth and FINAL match began on Monday. All previous rounds in this tournament have been won by Ellie.Here are our scores so far:
Round 1 (January): Lasted a day. Won by Ellie.
Round 2 (March): Lasted about three days. Resounding victory to Ellie.
Round 3 (May): Lasted two days. Victory to Ellie.
Round 4 (June): Ongoing.
Monday: Ellie, 3 (accidents), Alex, 0 (Zero success).
Tuesday: Ellie 1, Alex, 0. No accidents all day - pretty impressive, right? Yep. That's only because she held it all in until she could have a major accident. Waaaayy better than lots of little accidents. Oh yeah.
Wednesday: The umpire (Jeff) decreed that this match would not finish until she had successfully used the potty. Match kicked off at 9am. Score at 4pm was Ellie, 2, Alex, 0. Parental team started cheating at about 6pm, in sheer desperation, loading her up with all sorts of drinks. Match went into overtime at the usual bedtime (8pm) at which point the score was still Ellie 2, Alex 0. Parental team by this point is using all sorts of unusual tactics - borrowed a potty doll from our friend Kristie (9pm - no effect), hands in bowl of warm water (9:30pm, no effect). One half of parental team goes to bed exhausted, 10pm. Parental team finally scores when she actually used the bathroom at 10:30pm. Let me repeat that. TEN THIRTY PM.
Thursday - Ellie 2. Alex 1/2.
Friday. Match suspended. Parental team no longer match fit. Play will resume on Saturday.
Wish me luck! I need it.
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh my heck...I am laughing so hard right now! You have a great way of writing things out and yes oh yes, do I know your frustration. I have no good advice really, I guess your daughter is stubborn. kinda like Ethan was for awhile. I actually found myself whining at him one day to go potty and that's when I realized that neither of us was ready for the journey and we quit for 3 months! Good luck and I hope you when the next game!
Keep going! You can do it! I need to start getting Sam more interested.
Fraulein Maria, you're killin' me...and not saying anything that I haven't lived and/or am living. Grace has NO interest at all, no matter the bribe. The sad part: what/when they eat and when they get rid of it is the only thing totally in their control...it's a losing battle unless Ellie agrees to whatever you want to happen. Still, keep trying, it keeps me smiling...
Good luck. I hate potty training.
Oh Alex....We started round three today with Micah. Micah 5, Jodi 2. It went better than 2 weeks ago! Good luck, I'll be thinking of you and Ellie each time we run to the potty.
I feel your pain sister! Jakob was a NIGHTMARE to potty train. I swear, I'm surprised Child Protective Services never got called on us due to all the screaming and yelling going on every day! It finally worked when I told him no more diapers/pull-ups unless he was asleep, and I made him just wear underwear, or nothing. After 3 days he was potty trained (#1) but #2 took about another month or so. Keep in mind, I had been trying to potty train him for about a year. AHHHHHHHH! I hate re-living that.
May the force be with you!
Jodi - GOOD LUCK!! Yesterday's score was Ellie, 1, Alex 3 so things are looking up. Just took us almost ten days to get to that point!!
I'll be cheering for you! Hope you win today's battle.
This past week with me & Garren:
Kristie: 1 Garren:lost count
Try the potty training in a week book by Gina Ford. I tried it with my Emma and it worked like a charm. Seriously, one week!
Oh Alex. I feel your pain! Potty training definitely isn't #1 on my list of favorite things to do as a mom, but you can do it! My favorite is still "potty training in less than a day" by Dr. Foxx. Hang in there! :)
Post a Comment