The first dress I made was just an experiment to see if I could. I was totally thrilled with it, because it was the first time I'd ever managed to put in a zip, thanks to much coaching over the phone and when that didn't work, in person, from my friend Natalie.
The second dress I went all out. I made a mistake on the bodice, so it was always a bit gappy at the arms, but that slight flaw aside, it was gorgeous. There's so much net in the skirt it can stand up all by itself.
This is my latest effort... and this is the first time I've done everything right, sewing wise. There's even interfacing where there should be - a step I normally skip. And it looks like it was made from the Von Trapp family curtains. If only there was enough material left to make Adam a matching pair of lederhosen... Jeff is so glad there's not!
7 comments:
You are awesome! The dresses are darling!
Wow...i couldn't even sew a button on something, let alone make a whole dress! Alex...those dresses are so dang cute...good job!!! I want one for Maddie, so get to it :)
You are so talented! That is awesome. I had great hopes of making clothes for Sam....before she was born. Now, I just don't have the energy. Good for you!
You did a great job! That's how I started - crooked hems, uneven sleeves, no zippers (I tried to replace them with buttons whenever possible). Now a whole bunch of dresses later and I have created two little monsters who insist that I make all their fancy princess dresses. Good thing I was patient and kept trying (just like you have been it seems). These dresses are very cute!
So cute! I have a sewing machine that sits in it's box on the floor of my broom closet. I've used it ONCE. But, I have grand hopes that it will be used again...SOON!
I think if I ever have a bunch of kids, I am going to go Von Trapp style and just buy some curtains and go crazy.
Oh Alex!
I am laughing because you are a better mom than I. You have done something that I would never dream of! WELL DONE!!!! All of the dresses look great!
Maria
Post a Comment