We've had family in town for a couple of weeks, which has been lots of fun. They left yesterday, which prompted a re-organisation of the kids' bedroom. Adam was promoted to a twin bed, and Ellie was promoted to a toddler bed, and the cot is standing empty. I have to say that makes me a little sad! But still. It is going in the attic, not getting thrown out, and hopefully we will make use of it again one day.
Ellie could have been put in a toddler bed ages ago, I just have not wanted to start that battle with her. Adam is a night owl, and spends as little time in bed as he possibly can. She is a different child from Adam, and she does need her sleep, so maybe this will be easier than it was with Adam. Adam has won lots of bedtime battles, and if I'm honest, is probably winning the bedtime war too.
Last night was Ellie's first night in her new bed... she came downstairs once, and then did actually fall asleep. So I am encouraged.
I have to say, though, that the true test of a toddler bed is naptime. It is now naptime. There are a lot of very suspicious noises coming from upstairs. I know I should be up there, doing my SuperNanny bit and putting her back in without talking to her until she gets it. But here I am, blogging about it instead. I think that's as good as it's going to get for today!
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Our kids won the war. Bedtime has never been the fairtytale 'read a book, tuck in, turn out light' and the child is asleep. We used to have to take drives, let them lay down with us, lay on the floor with them, lay down with them... Kara will now go to sleep on her own with just being tucked in, but at 8 years old next week I should hope she could do that. Brooke still needs to lay down on the couch with dad to fall asleep. She might only need him for 2 minutes before she's gone, but she still needs him. Good luck with your war!
Hmm, we're not at the toddler bed stage yet so who knows how that will go!?! I love reading your blog, it shall definitely make me smile each time I read it (I hear your voice in my head as I read it, makes me miss you lots!).
So excited that you have a blog!! Really feeling peer pressure to compose one for the Neus! Good luck with the bedtime issues...it seems I was a little smug about how well I had it sussed...I've since eaten my words!Can't face Sebastian's transition to a bed yet...do you think it's appropriate to leave it until he starts school??!!!
Blog away. Garren hardly ever sleeps during his nap, but at least I get a break.
Post a Comment