Ellie's favourite song in the whole world is Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. She sings it all the time. The great thing about Ellie's singing is that she gets progressively higher and higher as the song goes on, so by the end she is squeaking away so high that practically only dogs can hear her.
She especially likes to sing during church. In fact, when everyone else goes quiet for the passing of the Sacrament that is her cue to start singing. She does it every week. This week's song was one that she made up herself, an interesting little number all about a ball, but her usual song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
Last week's version was a particularly virtuoso performance, and the whole time she was singing I was trying desperately to get her to stop, because she was so loud. It went something like this:
'Twinkle, twinkle little staaarr! How I wonder what you aaaare! Up above the world so hiiiiigh (which is her cue to sing really high, and after that the song never really recovers) like a diamond in the skkkyyyy, twinkle twinkle little staaaaaarr, how I wonder what you aaaaarre!
Heavenly Father don't want me to be quiet! Heavenly Father want me to SING!'
I'm sure He does.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am laughing so hard...your kids crack me up!!! I am so excited to see that you have a blog and you are an awesome writer!!! Seriously, I can actually picture little Ellie belting it out in sacrament...priceless! We want to come and see you guys again soon...let's plan on meeting somewhere one weekend!
Post a Comment