She has loved art class. It conflicts with our choir schedule during the year so we can't do it year round but I might try and sneak a few more in there once school starts. I've watched her literally skip into the studio, she's so excited to go.
Here are some of the things Ellie has come home with this summer - minus a couple of projects which have already been given away to their intended recipients, because if there's anything Ellie loves more than making things, it's giving away her handmade things to people she cares about.
| Watercolour on paper |
| Acrylics on canvas |
| Paper cut outs on wood |
| Some weirdy plastic paint I don't know the name of |
| Paper collage |
Last year when we came home from England, she had decided that hedgehogs were her new favourite animal and she asked if we could make a hedgehog pillow. I said yes and promptly did nothing about it. One day I gave her access to my pinterest account - which, in hindsight, may have been a big mistake. Within hours she had found a tutorial online on how to make a hedgehog pillow, and so this week we finally got around to making it.
She is so proud of Hedgie! He does look pretty awesome. I did some of the sewing on the tighter curves, but she hand-drew every pattern piece on that thing, and did most of the sewing!
Funnily enough, the week that we made Hedgie, it was hedgehog day at art class too!
1 comment:
WOW! So talented! I would love an Ellie original!
Post a Comment