On Saturday we were well into the swing of Saturday morning clean up. Kate was on her way up the stairs when I noticed something suspicious about her hair and I had her stop and turn around. The story took a while to emerge. She knew she was busted and she was seriously reluctant to divulge any details.
So we don't know when, but I'm claiming that it was Friday, because what kind of mother would I be if I didn't notice this for two days instead of one? - on Friday, a kid in her class dared her to cut her hair. And she did.
Right in the middle of her forehead.
This is the face of a child who has been busted, big time.
This is the third time, people!! When will she learn? She got quite a lecture about the stupidity of saying yes to dares (let's hope that one sticks) and appropriate use of scissors (not on your own hair, please!).
The worst of it didn't happen until Sunday morning, when she got a bath before church and her hair was clean, and you know what happens to hair that short when it's clean? IT STICKS STRAIGHT UP. She looked like Tintin, and it's going to be that way for months!


1 comment:
Is it terrible that I couldn't stop laughing when I saw her expression. I thought maybe you needed advice on if YOU needed bangs! I wish I was there for you! Madison cut her hair three times too. I'm not sure what to do. You could cut bangs, a thin slice of them, but they are so short. I think I would try with Bobby pins to pin them back, and then when they are a bit more of a "bang" length then trim a small Slice of fringe.
Trying telling her that you have to pay a fine. Legally you can't cut hair without a license. This is of course referring to cutting hair and getting paid for it, but you don't need to mention that last part. Good luck friend!
Post a Comment