Thursday, September 3, 2015

Accepted to Hogwarts

Adam got a letter this week.



He didn't want to ruin the amazing seal on the back so we opened it with a proper letter opener.

Look how awesome this is. He's 11, and it's the start of the school year, so it totally fits.



Later that day, Kate sidled up to me and whispered 'Has Adam really been accepted to Hogwarts?' Of course I said yes.

The next day, she asked me another question. I can't remember the specifics but it was along the lines of 'When Adam goes to Hogwarts, can I have his...' whatever the item was.

Now the other kids are sidling up to me and asking in whispers if Kate really believes that Adam has been accepted to Hogwarts. I think that she genuinely does!

Poor Kate. She's going to be so disappointed next week when Adam is at school with her! Hopefully her disappointment will be tempered by the fact that she's allowed to ride the school bus this year... she's pretty excited about that. Still, it's not the Hogwarts Express!

1 comment:

Jennifer B. said...

That is incredible! What a keepsake that is going to be. And Kate's reaction? Too cute.