Adam had a field trip today; to Riley's Farm, which is a living history place north of us. They were told they had to dress up in colonial costume, and when I asked him what he wanted, he said knee breeches! I think he may have been joking, but there was a pair of old trousers in the DI pile with holes in both knees. So I chopped them off, and used the pieces that I'd cut off to make bands to finish off the legs of his knee breeches.
Years ago I bought yards of brown material for pennies in a clearance bin. It has been turned into a shepherd's outfit for a Nativity play; Wise Man (ditto); various Halloween costumes, and now a colonial waistcoat. Best fabric purchase ever.
So he went off to school today looking like this. I thought he looked great. He even wore my lame attempt at a tricorn hat all day. What can I say, I can't get it all right!
Friday, April 3, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice work! He looks great!
He looks awesome! I loved when my girls dressed for the colonial activities.
Post a Comment