Sunday, October 19, 2014

HE SCORED!!!!!...

... and I missed it!

On Saturday morning I had an orchestra rehearsal and Adam had a football game which was only added to the schedule on Thursday. Up until then it had been a week off. So early that morning I went off to my rehearsal and it did actually cross my mind that he could score and I might miss it....

He's been playing for four seasons now and has never scored a goal. His team this season is really good, but for the first time it's not because a couple of star players are carrying everyone else. They actually play, and pass, and score from working together. It's fun to watch. In the last few games he's had a couple of shots on goal for the first time, and he seems to be improving and I knew his first goal was not too far off.

After my rehearsal I drove home and as I was parking I saw that I had missed a text from Jeff saying that Adam had scored! I couldn't believe it! His first goal ever and I missed it. I feel even worse than I did when I came home from orchestra to find that he'd lost his first tooth! 

When he came home I demanded a blow by blow account... he sent it in off his left foot, which he is pretty proud of! He says that it's probably good that I wasn't there... I told him I would have been screaming my head off! When he scored they were already so far ahead that the ref had already told them to stop scoring. The final score was 10-0, so an over-exuberant display from a crazy mother on the sidelines probably wouldn't have been welcome. But I'm still a little gutted that I missed it!

1 comment:

Board Nerd said...

I played in the 56th Bournemouth Cubs Football team and never scored a goal... Well Done Adam