Sunday, October 19, 2014

4!

Nicholas turned 4 this week! Four! I'm having a hard time believing that my baby is this old.... when Adam and Ellie were little I swore I wouldn't baby the last one, but I think that I probably do. He has to do the same jobs as his brothers and sisters did at that age, but now four still seems little, whereas back then four seemed like they were approaching the age of responsibility for more stuff!

Jeff happened to be off work on Nicholas' birthday and so he made the cake. The other kids were in awe. I was too a little bit! At least two of the other kids have asked Daddy for a cake just like this on their birthdays... maybe I will get out of all cake making in the future! That would be just fine with me, but I think it will depend on the conjunction of future bank holidays with birthdays. Nicholas lucked out!





Nicholas had a great birthday. He got a great pirate ship (which has been played with by every kid who has passed through this house this week - all of mine and all of piano pupils too!) and a couple of new books - picture books - and as he opened them up he yelled 'Is this my own chapter? My own CHAPTER?' which made me happy!! They are not chapter books but he was just thrilled to be getting books, so we're doing something right!

No comments: