We couldn't decide on anything for Adam; we talked about making him Zeus to match Athena but he was not up for wearing anything that resembled a dress to school - I could call it a toga as much as I wanted, he wasn't buying it. He kept saying that he wanted to be a soccer player... and so that's what he was. Zero effort on my part.
Ellie's dress (made out of an old bed sheet!) almost defeated me. Almost! My first attempt was bad, but my second attempt worked beautifully. Ellie says it's the best costume I've ever made for her!
Kate and Nicholas were Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. The Rapunzel wig is old; I made it a couple of years ago when Kate loved the movie and would parade around the house with a towel on her head for Rapunzel's long hair. Most of the flowers have fallen off but it worked!
Nicholas wanted to be Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates and was only persuaded to try his costume on while I was making it because I told him it was a pirate costume. But everything changed when I made the satchel. He likes to wear his satchel and it usually has a few legos or other toys stuffed into it. Once the satchel was in the picture he was totally happy about being Flynn Rider!
| Rapunzel takes out Flynn with the frying pan.... |
No comments:
Post a Comment