NONE.
We've been potty training for about five months now on and off. We are more on than off these days, in that he gets dressed every morning in underpants, but I am about ready to give up, buy another couple of boxes of nappies and try again in another five months.
Nicholas has been a nightmare. Far worse than any of the others! At first he wouldn't even put underpants on. In fact one day in a stroke of genius I persuaded him into underpants by putting underpants on his Ehfump, and because Ehfump was wearing underpants it was ok for him too.
Ehfump wears underpants regularly. We clip them on with a big paperclip so they stay up and it keeps us all happy.
However, Nicholas will NOT, will most emphatically NOT, poop in the potty. In over three months of actively working towards this goal, we have achieved it precisely once. Because Ehfump sat on the potty and he sat on the toilet, and Ehfump must have told him to. There's no other explanation for it.
However the magic of Ehfump has waned and that trick no longer works. We're back to wails of 'But I don't know how!' and holding it in all day until the nighttime nappy goes on. I am at my wit's end! I don't think Ehfump is going to come through for me on this one and I am going to have to figure it out myself.
All I want for Christmas is not to have to buy any more nappies.
ETA: Jeff and I cleaned out the attic today. I came down the ladder when we were done to find that Nicholas had weed on my bed - on my side, even. Duvet, sheets, and even the pillows all needed washing. Potty training is officially off until the New Year. I'm done.
3 comments:
I'm so sorry. I didn't even try until my girls were 3. That is pretty late for girls, but we were done in a week. Right after Jenna got it down, we were at Sea World and the automatic flushing toilets were so loud and scary, and they kept going off while she was trying to go. She was absolutely traumatized. To this day she has issues with public toilets. I think a lot has to do with her personality, but some of it has to be psychological. Maybe soon it will be HIS idea and all will work out well. Good luck.
I know someone who is convinced they cracked potty training with her son by leaving him in his wet little jeans, and he was so uncomfortable that he figured he'd better use the toilet.
I was having a conversation at work today about potty training. I can't remember how this topic came up, because neither of us have young children. Anyway, she said when she was trying to toilet train her partner's youngest little boy, she made paper aeroplanes and put them in the toilet and turned it into a game of hit the plane with the wee. She said she used to get him to colour in the planes before she put them in the toilet. Just thought I'd mention it.
Post a Comment