Last Wednesday I was peacefully folding laundry by myself upstairs when Ellie came upstairs and said 'I've figured it out.' Then she waited for me to figure out what she had figured out, and when I asked she said 'Kate got hold of some scissors and there's hair in the bin.' The peace was instantly shattered.
Kate was very, very penitent, but the fact still remained that she had hacked off about eight inches of hair... in fact she had started to give herself a chin length bob.
So we had a serious talk about scissors and I counted myself very very lucky that she hadn't done more damage and that the situation could still be rescued with a chin length bob!
At bedtime, Ellie got all mad about the fact that Kate had climbed up into her bed at some point during the day and messed up her stuff. I could hear her yelling about it as she approached and then she stomped in to my room saying 'There's HAIR in my bed!' and she was holding out a not insubstantial piece of hair... this was not eight inches long. This was the full length of Kate's hair. So I knew that there was more damage I hadn't spotted yet.
Because Kate denies being in Ellie's bed and won't admit to where she cut her hair we have no idea where the incident happened, but it was three days before we stopped finding hair all over the house.
It took me a couple of days but I did eventually find the spot on Kate's head where all hair has been hacked down to a 1-inch length.... fortunately there's still longer hair that covers it so it's not instantly noticeable. It could have been much, much worse!
So we went from this (and I did really love her long hair when it was clean and tidy, which admittedly could have been more often than it actually was):
to this:
And I have remembered again how cute she is with short hair. And hidden the scissors.
Monday, October 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, you're right...it could have been worse. I don't know how I would have reacted. I guess there isn't anything you can do when the deed is already done. Let's hope that ended her cosmetology experiments. :D
I love how you tell a story, Alex. Also, Kate does look adorable with her hair any length. How lucky!
Post a Comment