We have had a relaxing summer. We don't do much except when friends tell us they are going someplace and we hop along too. We went to Noah's Ark at the Skirball that way, and it was so much fun! An amazing exhibit - more like a giant play centre. The kids had a blast.
We went to the Aquarium that way.
And we went to the fair that way! Last year when we went to the fair I was very very anxious, I remember sitting in the car wondering why on earth I was freaking out, and it was the prospect of crowds and noise and four kids (one of whom was Nicholas, 'nuff said) and a stroller and keeping track of a giant nappy bag stuffed full of supplies and sippy cups and dummies and everything else. This year when we went I had some cash stuffed in my pocket, we had our lunch stuffed in the bottom of the stroller (and it was the first time the stroller has actually been used in months), and I didn't even have a bag to show the bag check guy. And Jeff was at work. There are no pictures from the fair. Apparently I am so relaxed these days I don't even take a camera.
Over this summer I am starting to realise that we are almost out of that stage. Where going anywhere is a production and performance because of the amount of supplies you have to have with little ones. We are almost at the point where we can roll out of the door on a whim (almost.... not quite!). We go swimming several times a week, because they love it, and it's easy, and they're all big enough that with floatie-assistance they can all swim and I'm not constantly counting heads and freaking out when I can't find one.
We are almost, almost out of the baby zone. We just have to get himself potty trained for it to be official. And we're slowly working on that.
1 comment:
That Noah's Ark exhibit sounds like a great one!
Post a Comment