We opted for the one mile trail. Given that the trick to getting out of there in under three hours is persuading Nicholas to keep going, I felt that we were not quite ready for the two mile trail yet. Nicholas is slow. He likes to stop and stomp through leaves, and he likes to stop and sit on every bench he finds. He takes forever.
This time, he just kept stopping and refusing to walk. In this picture, he was refusing to move and I told him I would leave him there and pick him up next time. He happily waved and said 'Bye!'
After a while it got ridiculous. He got grumpier...
and grumpier.
He let me get further and further away every time I told him I was carrying on and leaving him.
Finally I passed an older couple on the trail while I was making empty threats that I would leave him behind, and they laughed and told me to keep walking and they would keep an eye on him. I was at least 150 yards away when I had to turn back to get him. I could see him chatting away to them. When I finally reached them to haul Nicholas away, the lady told me not to worry as Nicholas had apparently told her he was fine and said 'I just teasing my Mommy.'
Gee, thanks, you little stinker!
3 comments:
Ha ha, that really made me giggle.
That is too funny. Stories to tell when they get older, right?
I had no idea he said that! He is a little stinker! At least that day any ways . . .
Post a Comment