Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer

Summer is in full swing over here... which means that  nothing is going on. Kids are sleeping in, then getting up and laying about and watching great quantities of Phineas and Ferb when they get bored. I am surrounded by piles of little fabric squares and doing not much else. Every now and again we drag ourselves off to the pool.

Today, Ellie coloured pictures and Nicholas coloured himself with markers. He's green and brown and blue and pink. Maybe we'll be dragging ourselves off to the pool later to wash him off!

One of our summer projects is for Adam and Ellie to learn their times tables... I told them they could earn a Nestle Drumstick for every times table they could correctly recite and be spot checked on. So when the mood strikes they come and recite and then take their ice cream off outside. Ellie is on fours, Adam on sixes. It's better than when I was a kid, when I remember my Dad bopping me on the head with a teddy bear each time I got one wrong. Ice cream is a better motivator, especially in this heat!

We have to start getting out and about and doing things... maybe next week. For now I am quite enjoying this pace of life!


1 comment:

Monique said...

Wow, I forgot how early school finishes over there. We still have 3.5 weeks left here. Hope you find fun and cool things to do!