Thursday, June 6, 2013
Robot quilt
When Nicholas turned one a friend made him a great blankie - white and red with his initial on it. Nicholas loves his little blankie... but he is now a chunky two and a half; he is not so little any more but the blankie still is. At night, he only wants to be tucked in under this particular blankie. If you dare to tuck him in to anything else - like a blanket that would actually cover him, for instance - he says 'Not THAT one!' and makes you do it properly, with the little red blankie.
We took off the side of his crib a couple of weeks ago. He was climbing out but he can't climb back in. So he'd get out and play for ages quietly. We'd think he was asleep until we heard yells of 'I want to go to bed now!' from upstairs at 10:30pm. So Jeff took the side of his crib off so that he can get back into bed when he wants. It has somehow made the crib seem much bigger... and his lack of a proper sized blankie much more pressing in my mind!
So I have decided to make him a quilt. This quilt is going to have to be pretty impressive if it is going to tempt him away from the beloved little red blankie. He spends a lot of time being a robot. Being a robot consists of putting a bucket on his head, twitching his fingers incessantly and saying 'I a wobot. I a wobot' while walking around with his eyes squeezed shut. So I decided that it would have to be a robot quilt.
I'm so excited to get started. I love the beginning of a project! I can't wait to see if this quilt is going to turn out as cute in real life as it already looks in my head. I'm learning some new techniques on this one so maybe it won't. But I will have fun with it anyway!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sure it will be awesome!
Darling fabric! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Post a Comment