Friday, May 17, 2013

Countertops unveiled!

I should wait to post pictures until we are done with the kitchen. We are not even approaching done... we have moved on to thinking about wall tiles and hardwood floors. We are able to think about these things because... drum roll please... the granite countertops are in!

We went counter shopping a few Saturdays ago. Of course we found the slab we liked in the last shop we tried. I had a car full of tired, hungry, and hot kids who were DONE with the whole process, and a husband who insisted that I had to come in and have a look at this piece... it was a cream colour, not what I planned on at all. I spent the next couple of weeks feeling that I may have made the decision under a touch of duress and hoping that I hadn't made a mistake.

When the fabricators came they brought in the smallest piece first, put it in place, and I thought 'I hate it. It's far too pale.' And then they brought the rest of it in, and I love it. I really do!

The slab is basically cream, but it has a lot of colour and movement in it. Some parts are more grey -


and some parts are more brown, though there are touches of red, black, and even green tones in there too. It's going to make picking out wall tiles a lot of fun!


So here is my new kitchen:



The sink is massive. I put dishes in there and I can't even see them, it's so deep. I love it! And look at that built-in soap dispenser on the right. How posh do we think we are? I'm quite amused by that soap dispenser, I don't really know why! 


Floors and tiles are next! We're moving forward!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Laaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

shari berry bo-berry said...

AWESOME! I know that word is so overused, but this kitchen really is AWESOME! I love the granite!!! :)

Jean Taylor said...

Please can I borrow Jeff to do my kitchen?