Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Birthday to Kate!

Kate turned four yesterday, on Mother's Day, which was perfect. When I think about how badly she was wanted by the time she arrived, it's fitting that her birthday fell on Mother's Day this year!

She is such a little cutie. She loves everything she opens. Grandma sent a birthday card which we told her she couldn't open until her birthday... she wanted to open it first thing when she woke up and I had to read her the message three times. Nana sends cute little animated cards on the computer and she watched her computer birthday card play through a few times too!

Ellie is so funny.... she'll take any excuse to whip out the scissors and chop up pieces of paper to make things. So she made Kate a birthday crown.


When it came time for cake, Kate made pretty heavy weather of blowing out the candles. It took ages and she kept stopping to explain that she couldn't do it - but she eventually did!


This picture just makes me laugh... the kids' table with cousin Aaron!


She is so easy to please. She was so thrilled with the presents she got from her aunts and friend Claire that we almost didn't give her the things we bought for her! But we did. And she was thrilled with them too! She is great to buy for, she always loves what she gets!


She had a great birthday. I can't believe she's four... actually I can't believe that she will be five next year and off to school. I am going to make the most of this last year of having her at home with me - a promise I made to myself on Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Heather is easy like that on her birthdays and so appreciative. Enjoy this last year with her at home. She is a doll!