About three months ago Nicholas got a really bad rash on his face. It lasted about three weeks before it cleared up, but ever since then he's had little red spots on his face just about every day.
| Spotty Nicholas |
| A typical Ellie rash |
The very next day - let me repeat that, the VERY NEXT DAY - we were at Adam's soccer tryouts and Nicholas was having a lovely time just running around the field. By lunchtime his arms and legs were covered in big red blotchy welts. So I gave the dermatologist the benefit of the doubt and went off and picked up their prescription creams, and Nicholas' rash cleared up pretty quickly.
And then this morning we went out to the park to play, for no more than forty-five minutes and just look at Kate....
I cannot flipping believe it. Somehow three out of my four kids who don't even know what an allergy is are suddenly allergic to the sun. The SUN. In CALIFORNIA.
7 comments:
Gosh, guess you'll have to move back to England, no worries about sun allergies there ;)
Sorry to hear that, I am sure that it will get sorted; I blame your genes. England and Sun = fail. You should move back!
What on earth? I can hardly believe it!!
It's a sign you need to come home!! ;o) (and pretty hilarious too!)
I'm so sorry, the irony is classic. However, I have to express my gratitude as it has answered my question about Theo who has the exact same looking skin issues always after being in the sun !!! Mine is always cleared up by the sun so I thought it would cure his too, but it turns out that's when he gets it ?!! I never occurred to me it could be an allergy...poor kids, that is a rotten one to have to put up with.
Rachel, I am actually encouraged that someone else has even seen this! At least we are not the only ones!
Sistah, that just SUCKS OUT LOUD. I can't even think about the ramifications of a sun allergy. In Orange County, CA. I'm shuddering in your behalf.
Post a Comment