Last week was the Kerr's Summer Olympic extravaganza. We were Team GB, naturally, and went along with our Union Jack. Team Scotland (the Kerrs) were actually in a team uniform, which looked great and put our little flag to shame. Team Japan also looked great:
as did Team Mordor, complete with the White Hand of Saruman and their own Precious.
Although hill-rolling was not actually an official sport that night, it should have been. Because all the little ones and Ellie too spent most of their time rolling down the hill at the side of the park.
The official events were discus aka frisbee, the three-legged race, and a water balloon toss which was everyone's favourite.
Adam and Ellie did great in the three-legged race. There was no way that they could beat the speedy gonzales team of Spencer and Rachel - just look at them go!
but they did great and came in second place.
There were even medal ceremonies! That's how awesome Kristie is!
The medal ceremony for the kids was cute, not least because it was interrupted by Kate wanting to join in and Nicholas coming up to give her a random hug.
Nicholas spent most of his time playing discus with Daddy.
And Kate did a great job of representing her country with the flag.
I'm just hoping that the real Team GB manages to pull off more medals than we did when the real Olympics starts!
3 comments:
How fun! Where do we sign up for next year?? My kids are probably too old, but how stinkin' fun! Kristie is awesome. We knew that. Alex you have gifts also which I truly appreciate. :D
I agree 110%! Kristie Kerr is pretty amazing!!
Alex! You are so sweet!You are always so great and I love the spirit that you bring to our Olympics!
This year was super fun and it's just going to get better. Great idea on the hill rolling category!
We had so much fun, I still need to blog about it too.
And I agree with Melissa. You have so many talents and skills. I am so glad you are one of my best friends and I love you dearly! Yay for great friends who make us better!
Post a Comment