Monday, July 5, 2010

What we've been doing since I last posted...

It's been a while since I posted... it's summer, what can I say?

But here's a glimpse of what we've been up to...

On the last day of school the children celebrated by getting ice creams on the way home, and I celebrated by turning off all the alarm clocks. Sweet relief.



I took Kate swimming for the very first time... she loved it, and after she got out of the zebra thingy (which wasn't doing a very good job of staying inflated) she was kicking her legs and wriggling to get away from me. I think she thinks she can swim!



On big holidays, Jeff marches all the children out front to put up the flag. He makes them salute the flag and everything. Ellie takes it all very seriously, Adam not so much.



Here's this year's flag..



..we finally found our Union Jack! It's been missing for years and finally turned up a couple of weeks ago. I think it's pretty cool that it's first real outing was on July 4th! When we got home from church yesterday we did have to go out there and check that it was still there... so far so good! Now that we have found it, on big English holidays I will be marching the children out there and making them salute it. My problem is that I can't think of any... except April 23rd and November 5th. Any more suggestions would be gratefully received...


And some random pictures of the children for good measure:





5 comments:

Kristie K. said...

i noticed the union jack. Glad you found it.

And ellie looks adorable in that shot!!

Melissa said...

Can't help with the holiday dates, but love the photos!

Maria said...

Alex your kids are so cute! Ellie looks so sweet and innocent. I wish I could meet them all!
Love the flags. Especially the salute. Hope all is going well.

REGS said...

Love the flags! Fernando & I should start doing that with the American and Brazilian flags. And the pictures of the kids are so cute! Hey, when you and the kids get bored, call me and we'll get together, k? Here or there, either way! Call me!

SVB said...

It's about time you posted...we like to see pics!!! The kids are so cute...love the flag ceremony...when are we getting together???