Friday, July 30, 2010

Getting into everything...

Kate is like a little one-woman whirlwind these days. She's into everything. She loves to pull all the tupperware out of the kitchen cupboards and has been known to get a casserole dish out every now and again. She loves to pull all the CDs off the shelves, which is a mighty headache and I've given up cleaning them up and we just live with CDs all over the floor. Fortunately it's mostly under the stairs so I can happily ignore it.

The other day Jeff and I had a discussion in which I said the baby gate was useless because she can get past it and it needs to be put away, and he said that she couldn't get past it if it was put up between the banisters properly. So he put it up properly. Later that morning I was sat at the computer and happened to turn my head to see Kate on the fifth step up from the floor, the last stop before the landing, on the OUTSIDE of the banisters, climbing in through them to get to the stairs. As tempted as I am to recreate this moment with safety nets and extra adults standing by to catch her should she fall, for the sake of taking a picture as proof, I'm not going to. She was at least four feet off the floor.

Instead of a picture of her scaling the stairs on the outside, here's a picture of her on the kitchen table. I've lost count of the amount of times I've hauled her off the kitchen table in the last week.




The big two are getting really good at yelling 'Alert! Alert!' whenever I need to go and pull her down off something she's climbed. Her other favourite thing to climb is the ladder to the top bunk, which is quite dangerous because her favourite thing to do when she gets there is bounce, on the very edge of the bed.

And here she is with her new favourite pacifier, the loose oven knob. Dinner gets later every day because before I can even turn the oven on I have to spend half an hour searching the house for the oven knob!

5 comments:

Jillyboo said...

Oh, she is such a doll!!! Sounds like you have a little athlete on your hands.

Kate said...

oh my goodness she would get on get with Oscar. Two little monkey's!! She's just gorgeous Alex. Very cute even if she is a little mischievous!

SVB said...

Oh my goodness she is so dang cute!!! I can't believe how big she has gotten! I am next, Gracie is already crawling into everything!!!

Judy and Mike said...

We enjoy her so much. She is adorable!

Rachel said...

I love it !!! We put a stair gate up once in a kitchen doorway, only to find the girls commando crawling under it?!...it was like they would have had to dislocate their bodies to do it, but they managed it?? !!!! That sort of determination and physicality has got to be useful eventually right?...would hate to think us mothers suffer for nothing !!!!