On the first day of swimming lessons, it was actually sprinkling as we arrived! The whole first week was cloudy and cold, but they both seemed to love it anyway.
Ellie had a couple of days where she decided she didn't like it and any time she was told to do something she didn't like she just walked away from her swimming teacher and ignored her. School is going to make or break her!
About two days before swimming lessons ended, Ellie announced that she could float underwater. Floating underwater involved all arms and legs moving, she comes up for air when necessary, and it actually looks a lot like swimming!
On the very last day of swimming Adam yelled over to me to watch what he could do... he had been very proud of being able to jump in the pool so I expected to see him do that again. Instead, he swam. I couldn't believe it! All I really wanted from two weeks of swimming lessons was an easy introduction to water safety skills and maybe to get to him to put his face in every now and then without freaking out.
Instead, we went from a kid who clung to the side for the last two or three summers to this...

Actual swimming, with face in, with no floaties. Unbelievable!
3 comments:
Well done Adam!!! If only I could find such a teacher for Isaac.
YAY!!! That is so awesome!
Good job Adam! I have a feeling Jacob will be a lot like Adam, HATES any water deeper than a foot, Gavin on the other hand, once the floats are on, he jumps in and takes off swimming, totally blows my mind! I'd love to see some of that Ellie 'tude. Love those kids!
Post a Comment