I guess it really is true. Every cloud has a silver lining, if you can just find it. Ellie has had an interesting couple of weeks... so far in the last fourteen days we have been to the doctor's for a double ear infection, an upper respiratory tract infection, general check-up and catch-up shots, and finally today a sore throat and yet another ear infection.
And the silver lining in all this? She is a trooper, and despite the fact that we have had no health insurance for most of the last year, she has very obligingly saved up a year's worth of illnesses for the month when our new health coverage started. What a little star she is! It has been no fun to take the hit all at once, but I would so much rather be taking the hit with health insurance, as opposed to a couple of months ago!
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Alex,
I am so sorry about Ellie's horrible couple of weeks, let alone yours in the last few weeks of your pregnancy! I hear you on the whole medical insurance. Since we had the twins I have never felt so thrilled to have medical insurance!!!
You were really blessed there. We have to remember those odd blessings sometimes.
WOW! Heavenly Father sure is watching out for you guys! Sorry she's been so sick! I hate it when the kids get sick. They're so helpless. Hope all gets well soon! Let me know if you need anything. And I'll find some recipes for you.
I'm all at once sad for Ellie, happy for your insurance and totally laughing at your very humorous post. :D
Post a Comment